Discussions 1.4.1 released
Discussions 1.4.1 is a forum extension for Joomla! 1.7 and Joomla! 1.5.
Discussions 1.4.1 is a security fix release (SQL injection). If you are running Discussions 1.4 or below, please upgrade asap to Discussions 1.4.1.
Discussions is running on Joomla! 1.7 and Joomla! 1.5 in native mode. It's also running on Joomla! 2.5 Beta 2 so expect it to work fine on the upcoming Joomla! 2.5 release.
See Discussions live in action: codingfish.com/forums
New in Discussions 1.4.1:
There are no new features in 1.4.1. This is a security release. Please install 1.4.1 as soon as possible!
New in Discussions 1.4:
- Basic ACL support (Configure/Access component) (Joomla! 1.7 only)
- Select to display username or name in the frontend
- Solved a backend name conflict with other extensions
- Replies now have a h4 tag
- Login row ("Please login or register") now optional
- Added Google+ field in user profile
- Code for social media buttons and HTML boxes now have an own dashboard tab
- Added index.html to all directories to make it JED compliant
- Bug fixes and optimizations
Discussions 1.4 is the last release for Joomla! 1.5!!! All new versions of my extensions will only be released for Joomla! 2.5 and above!!!
Joomla! 2.5 will be out in January 2012 and J1.5 and J1.7 are close to the end of their lifes. There will be no more releases of Codingfish extensions for Joomla! 1.5!!!
Upgrade from Discussions 1.0 and above:
1. Make a backup!!!
2. Save changes you made e.g. in CSS file or language file.
3. Save you HTML code in social media buttons fields and html boxes fields in backend options.
4. Just install Discussions 1.4 over the running version.
I primarily develop Discussions for my own online community italobikes where it handles far more than 200.000 posts so you can be sure that it works. I give it away for FREE and I offer a forum here on my website where you can communicate about it. I do not make my living from my Joomla! extensions. Sometimes when I do have some spare time I try to help in the forums but:
I do not give free support!
It is not a trivial task to install, configure and manage online forums. You should at least be familiar with the basic tasks of the Joomla! CMS e.g. howto install extensions, create a menu entry and use the backend.