Changes on codingfish.com
June 26, 2015
I implemented some new features in the Chimoora CMS
on which my website is running.
These new features include:
1. Configurable user login/registration.
2. Configurable forums-section: Yes/No.
3. Configurable comments. Yes/No. If yes, what kind of comments are allowed (internal or external).
What changed on codingfish.com?
1. No user registration anymore
I disabled registration and login for users AND I wiped out the users table. All users are gone.
2. I switched off the forums
Altogether. No forums anymore. I know, Google will punish me severely for this step. Most of the forums dealed with my older Joomla!-extensions and I do not develop for Joomla! anymore.
Almost all new users and forum-posts where spam and I hate spam. It's stealing my time.
3. New comment system
As users are not able to login and use the internal comment system anymore, I decided to use an external comment system: Disqus. Check it out below this article and leave a comment ;-)
That's it for now. Just wanted to keep you informed.