This is the first video preview of the upcoming Chimoora app for Android smartphones. I got a lot of questions regarding Chimoora so I thought I record a small video. Here it is. What you see is what you will get in the first version: Recent activities (Live), Joomla! articles (News), forum posts powered by Discussions (Forums) and classified ads powered by Marketplace (Classifieds).
There is still a lot to do so please be patient :-)
BTW Apps for other operating systems are planned as well. Chimoora for Windows Phone 7.5 Mango will be the next one! Stay tuned.
Marketplace, the Joomla! classified ads extension, is now available in Version 2.2.1. Of course it's available for FREE! Just go and get the latest and greatest version from the Downloads area.
Marketplace 2.2.1 is a minor upgrade and available for Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla! 1.7.
This is new:
- Added index.html to all directories to make it JED compliant
- Solved a backend name conflict with other extensions
- Added basic ACL support (Configure/Access component) for the Joomla! 1.7 version
- Added Persian and Russian language files
Running Joomla!? Great! Running Codingfish extensions? Perfect! Chimoora is exactly for you! The app is designed to bring the Codingfish Joomla! extensions Discussions, Marketplace and Primezilla to your mobile device.
The goal is to create native(!) apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone 7 devices. As you can see, the Android version will be the first one. Have a look at the screenshots taken from my development device, a Samsung Nexus S. Please note that the data are real live data. The forum section, powered by Discussions, is already working pretty fine :-)
How does it work? Did I hear REST API?
Primezilla is a private messaging solution for Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla1 1.6/1.7. This extension is available for FREE, so just go to the download area and check it out :-)
Primezilla offers the basic features of a private messaging component plus some cool things like email notifications (including the full message) and signatures.
My other Joomla! extensions like Discussions (discussion forums) and Marketplace (classified ads) have built-in support for Primezilla.
Marketplace, the Joomla! classified ads extension, is now available for FREE! No subscriptions anymore. Just go and get the latest and greatest version from the Downloads area.
Marketplace 2.2 is now available for Joomla! 1.5 and Joomla! 1.6 *Yippie*
New in Marketplace 2.2:
- A Joomla! 1.6 version is now available
- Meta Robots Tag for entry detail page can now be configured in the backend options
- If you are using Discussions (and why shouldn't you?) you can enable to show Discussions user avatars in Marketplace
- Price column in category view can now be turned off (configurable in backend options)
- Label column in category view can now be turned off (configurable in backend options)
- some minor enhancements and a few bugfixes
- Marketplace subscription changed to 1 month
- Discussions 1.3 released
- Marketplace subscription changed to 3 months
- Marketplace - The road to freedom
- Codingfish in 2011 - A short outlook